Thursday, April 8, 2010

Results from Washington

After drying off and sorting over my images, here are some that I would like to share.

We got lucky (to my opinion) during our day in Mt. Vernon for the Tulip festival.  It only rained for about 5 minutes, and the rest of the time was mainly overcast.  What a day, and what a place!!!

Although there were hectares and hectares of Tulips, I found it hard to photography large scenes without nice and interesting weather (puffy clouds, perfect lighting, etc), so I aimed more towards tighter shots.  Take a look!




Then we ventured into the rain forest of the Olympic National Park for the majority of the shoot.  Around Lake Quinault and the Hoh Rain Forest, averaging around 120ft (30m) of rain per year!!  That's a lot of rain!  And that's what my cameras told me too.  There were times when I got my butt kicked by the downpour, but I took full advantage when it was not raining as hard.  Decked out in rain gear, we braved the storm.

Photographing in the Olympic NP was not easy also, first you have to fight off the rain, then the scale of everything else.  Trees and plant life are huge there, so good weather suits better for large scene photos.  Polarizer came in handy for reflections.  But some scenes I decided not to use the polarizer to help with separation.



Overall it was a great journey to Washington, and for sure will visit again soon for more interesting photo journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment