Monday, November 30, 2009

Looking back...

Time and time again when I look back at my older work, this image I took at the Redwoods National Park strikes me as the very definition of Yin and Yang.  This picture to me, has a great balance of peace and uproar.  With the calm of the fallen tree, and the diagonal line that leads your eyes to the uproar, it's a powerful image.









I remember this was a location where I spent some time sitting, enjoying and being mesmerized by its beauty.  That is, until my girlfriend finally broke silence, wanting to leave as it was pouring down rain... We'd been sitting in the rain! :)  Finally, I snapped this picture, keeping my memory intact. This spot definitely sucked me in, and I am glad that this panoramic scope brings back the beauty in my memory.

What you see on the monitor definitely does not do this location justice. The printed version on the other hand comes close.  Printed in large format on metallic paper, it will make you stop in your tracks and admire its beauty.

As I take more and more photographs, I am glad to say my photography doesn't just reflect the iconic symbol of a location, where everything has to be absolutely perfect, but also shows that I personally have to feel and enjoy the place before I snap a picture.  Maybe that's a sign that I am a naturists first before a photographer?  You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment