Friday, November 13, 2009

Yosemite National Park

I know, I know!!  Yosemite has been photographed like crazy, but it still draws my attention.  This time, I went with the purpose of camping and biking in the Yosemite Valley, while carrying my camera gear on the back of my bike of course.  Didn't take many photos, but I think I got some nice pictures within the handful of shots I snapped.

Thanks to my friend Dan, I was able to borrow his Hasselblad Xpan, a 35mm panoramic camera on this trip.  Here is one shot with it of El Capitan at sunset.

The contrast ratio had at least 5 stops difference between the light and shadow areas, but luckily I had my soft ND grad filter, guessing the position of the placement of the filter; and with the nature of the panoramic cameras, where the edges vignettes at least 1 stop, I was able to capture this image without much work in post at all.  I got lucky with this one I must say.


For other stuff I've shot with the Xpan, make sure you visit my Grand Tetons National Park page.

No comments:

Post a Comment